The Federal State Public Enterprise Nikiforov’s All-Russian Center for Emergency and Radiation Medicine of the Emergencies Ministry of Russia (the Nikiforov’s NRCERM) is a multi-field diagnostic and treatment, research and development and educational institution.
The NRCERM fulfills following tasks:
- Rendering of multi-field specialized high-tech medicine aid to treat different ailments, including to the people that were affected by radiation accident, man-caused emergencies and natural disasters;
- Fundamental and applied scientific researches in the field of radiation medicine, radiobiology, occupational pathology. Introduction of new technologies in medicine;
- Educational activities in the field of post graduate and further vocational education (post-graduate courses, residency, professional development);
- Registration, accounting and dynamic case monitoring of the patients affected by the accident and natural disasters;
- Organizing of expert work, including one to determine the causation of the illness by the aftermath of accidents and disasters;
- Cooperation with domestic, foreign and international medical institutions.
Main clinical subdivisions of the NRCERM:
- Clinic No.1 (specialized, Therapeutics Department)
4/2 Akademika Lebedeva, Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Clinic No.2 (multifield, advanced medical technologies)
54 Optikov Street, Saint Petersburg, Russia
The NRCERM provides medical assistance:
Multi-field full-time hospital for 450 people (250 in surgery department; 80 – therapy department, 50 – clinical rehabilitation department, 40 - resuscitation department, 30 toxic and radiology and onco-hematology department).